1. All copyrightable materials, text, design and photos in this website are owned by Atty. Arlene Abeleda-Lago and/or LAGO LAW OFFICE. Unauthorized copying or distribution thereof, except for educational purpose or fair use, is strictly prohibited.
2. This website is created only to provide general information on the practice of Atty. Arlene Abeleda-Lago and/or LAGO LAW OFFICE on some frequently asked legal issues which may be of interest to you.
3. You undertake and agree with LAGO LAW OFFICE that you shall at all times use all reasonable efforts to observe and perform these terms and conditions, and in particular shall not (and shall not permit any employee, sub-contractor or agent to):
- Use this web site for any illegal purpose, and you agree to use it in accordance with relevant laws in any applicable jurisdiction (including, without limitation, your local law);
- Upload or transmit through this web site any computer viruses, macro viruses, Trojan horses, worms, or anything designed to interfere with or disrupt the normal operating procedures of a computer;
- Upload or transmit through this web site any material which is defamatory, offensive or of an obscene or menacing character, or that may cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety;
- Use this web site in a way that may cause this web site to be interrupted, damaged or rendered less efficient, or may impair the effectiveness or functionality of this web site;
- Use this web site in any manner which violates or infringes the rights or any person, firm or company;
- Interfere with or diminish LAGO LAW OFFICE’s right, title and interest In the web site and the products and services available on it.
6. All information contained in this website are provided for general informational purpose only and may not reflect current legal developments. The entire website and all its materials are not intended as legal opinion nor should they be taken as legal advice.
7. This website and all information contained herein are on an “As Is” basis and are without any warranties of any kind, whatsoever. While it is our desire to provide accurate information, we do not make any representation as to the content, accuracy, timeliness or completeness and other aspect of the information provided. Usage and transmission of any information found in this website is solely at your own risk.
8. Use of this website, sending us an e-mail or acting based on the information contained in this website does not create an attorney-client relationship between us.
9. You must consult an attorney before acting on your own legal issues as all information contained in this website do not constitute legal advice. The information that you provide when you send us an email or use our “Contact Us” page will only be used to contact you. Until we have a written and signed agreement in which you agree to retain us as counsel and we agree in turn to represent you as client, no attorney-client relationship between us exists. Henceforth, all data or information which you intend to remain confidential must not be included in your communication with us, in whatever form as we cannot guarantee the security and confidentiality.
10. We expressly disclaim any and all liability with respect to actions taken or not taken based on any of the contents of this website, as well as any form of misuse of any said information.
11. All news and links provided to other websites have been provided as mere courtesy and public service and are for your convenience only. We do not endorse or claim/represent to be connected in any way to said third party sites such that we are not responsible for the operator or the contents accuracy, timeliness or completeness and other aspect of the information provided in third party websites. Usage and transmission of any information found in third party websites is solely at your own risk. LAGO LAW OFFICE specifically disclaims any responsibility or liability for access to, or the material on, any web site which is linked from or to this web site and which incorporates these terms and conditions.
12. The information contained in this website are Philippine-centric only and may not be applicable to other jurisdictions.
13. We are committed to protect the privacy of our website users and we will only collect, record, store, process, and use your personal information in accordance with Republic Act No. 10173 or the Data Privacy Act of 2012 and other pertinent laws.
14. When you send us an email thru our Contact Us hyperlink or make a comment in our blog, our web server automatically collects the following:
- Your personal information such as name, and e-mail address,
- The name of your internet service provider and information about your computer, visits to and use of this website, which includes your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths,
- Any other personal or sensitive information that you choose to send to us.
15. We only collect personal or sensitive information you voluntarily submit to us. If you choose not to submit your personal information to us or subsequently withdraw your consent to our use of your personal information, we may not be able to respond to your inquiries or you will be unable to avail of our services.
16. If you provide any third party personal information to us, it is assumed that you have obtained the required consent from said third party for said disclosure and the processing of his/her personal information in accordance with this policy.
17. Those personal information as well are the other information you provide us or that may be contained in your queries will only be used to answer your queries. In relation thereto, we may use your personal information for the following:
- Administration of our website and business
- To enable your use of the services available on our website
- To send invoices, statement of accounts and payment reminders and/or collect payments from you
- To send you communications
- To send you email notifications that you have specifically requested
- To provide third parties with statistical information about our users (but those third parties will not be able to identify any individual user from that information)
- To deal with inquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to our website
- To keep our website secure and prevent fraud
- To verify compliance with the terms and conditions governing the use of our website including monitoring private messages sent through our website private messaging service
- For other legitimate uses.
If you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the permission that you will give us.
Your privacy settings can be used to limit the publication of your information on our website, and can be adjusted using privacy controls on the website.
We will not, without your express consent, supply your personal information to any third party for the purpose of their or any other third party’s direct marketing.
18. The personal information you provide us may likewise be revealed to our employees, officers, insurers, professional advisers, agents, suppliers or subcontractors insofar as necessary to answer your queries or maintain this website and for the purposes set out in this policy.
We may likewise disclose your personal information:
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law
- To the extent that we are required to do so by court order in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings
- To establish, exercise, protect or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk)
- To protect third party’s rights or that of the public, to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable information, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
With the exception of the last item above, the retention of your personal information may also be done under the foregoing circumstances. As a general rule, however, we only keep your personal information until such time that we have attained the purpose by which we collect the same.
Under the foregoing circumstances and to the extent permissible by applicable law, you agree not to take any action against us for the disclosure and retention of your personal information.
19. While we care about the information you give us, we cannot guarantee that data sent over the internet will be fully secured since that the transmission of information online is inherently not secure. We will implement reasonable and appropriate technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, destruction, misuse or alteration of your personal information. To ensure utmost protection of your personal information, we will store the same on our secured services.
22. This website is not intended for use by minor children. Use of all interactive portion of this website is prohibited for said age bracket and we will not knowingly collect any information from them.
23. If you wish to withdraw your consent to our use of your personal information or if you have any comments, suggestions or complaints, you may contact us HERE.
Thank you for visiting our website.