1. All copyrightable materials, text, design and photos in this website are owned by Atty. Arlene Abeleda-Lago and/or LAGO LAW OFFICE. Unauthorized copying or distribution thereof, except for educational purpose or fair use, is strictly prohibited.
2. This website is created only to provide general information on the practice of Atty. Arlene Abeleda-Lago and/or LAGO LAW OFFICE on some frequently asked legal issues which may be of interest to you.
3. You undertake and agree with LAGO LAW OFFICE that you shall at all times use all reasonable efforts to observe and perform these terms and conditions, and in particular shall not (and shall not permit any employee, sub-contractor or agent to):
6. All information contained in this website are provided for general informational purpose only and may not reflect current legal developments. The entire website and all its materials are not intended as legal opinion nor should they be taken as legal advice.
7. This website and all information contained herein are on an “As Is” basis and are without any warranties of any kind, whatsoever. While it is our desire to provide accurate information, we do not make any representation as to the content, accuracy, timeliness or completeness and other aspect of the information provided. Usage and transmission of any information found in this website is solely at your own risk.
8. Use of this website, sending us an e-mail or acting based on the information contained in this website does not create an attorney-client relationship between us.
9. You must consult an attorney before acting on your own legal issues as all information contained in this website do not constitute legal advice. The information that you provide when you send us an email or use our “Contact Us” page will only be used to contact you. Until we have a written and signed agreement in which you agree to retain us as counsel and we agree in turn to represent you as client, no attorney-client relationship between us exists. Henceforth, all data or information which you intend to remain confidential must not be included in your communication with us, in whatever form as we cannot guarantee the security and confidentiality.
10. We expressly disclaim any and all liability with respect to actions taken or not taken based on any of the contents of this website, as well as any form of misuse of any said information.
11. All news and links provided to other websites have been provided as mere courtesy and public service and are for your convenience only. We do not endorse or claim/represent to be connected in any way to said third party sites such that we are not responsible for the operator or the contents accuracy, timeliness or completeness and other aspect of the information provided in third party websites. Usage and transmission of any information found in third party websites is solely at your own risk. LAGO LAW OFFICE specifically disclaims any responsibility or liability for access to, or the material on, any web site which is linked from or to this web site and which incorporates these terms and conditions.
12. The information contained in this website are Philippine-centric only and may not be applicable to other jurisdictions.
13. We are committed to protect the privacy of our website users and we will only collect, record, store, process, and use your personal information in accordance with Republic Act No. 10173 or the Data Privacy Act of 2012 and other pertinent laws.
14. When you send us an email thru our Contact Us hyperlink or make a comment in our blog, our web server automatically collects the following:
15. We only collect personal or sensitive information you voluntarily submit to us. If you choose not to submit your personal information to us or subsequently withdraw your consent to our use of your personal information, we may not be able to respond to your inquiries or you will be unable to avail of our services.
16. If you provide any third party personal information to us, it is assumed that you have obtained the required consent from said third party for said disclosure and the processing of his/her personal information in accordance with this policy.
17. Those personal information as well are the other information you provide us or that may be contained in your queries will only be used to answer your queries. In relation thereto, we may use your personal information for the following:
If you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the permission that you will give us.
Your privacy settings can be used to limit the publication of your information on our website, and can be adjusted using privacy controls on the website.
We will not, without your express consent, supply your personal information to any third party for the purpose of their or any other third party’s direct marketing.
18. The personal information you provide us may likewise be revealed to our employees, officers, insurers, professional advisers, agents, suppliers or subcontractors insofar as necessary to answer your queries or maintain this website and for the purposes set out in this policy.
We may likewise disclose your personal information:
With the exception of the last item above, the retention of your personal information may also be done under the foregoing circumstances. As a general rule, however, we only keep your personal information until such time that we have attained the purpose by which we collect the same.
Under the foregoing circumstances and to the extent permissible by applicable law, you agree not to take any action against us for the disclosure and retention of your personal information.
19. While we care about the information you give us, we cannot guarantee that data sent over the internet will be fully secured since that the transmission of information online is inherently not secure. We will implement reasonable and appropriate technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, destruction, misuse or alteration of your personal information. To ensure utmost protection of your personal information, we will store the same on our secured services.
22. This website is not intended for use by minor children. Use of all interactive portion of this website is prohibited for said age bracket and we will not knowingly collect any information from them.
23. If you wish to withdraw your consent to our use of your personal information or if you have any comments, suggestions or complaints, you may contact us HERE.
Thank you for visiting our website.
As we continue to adapt to the impact of the Covid-19 worldwide pandemic, we are providing you a brief update on our operations.
For the duration of the General Community Quarantine and onwards, Lago Law Office is open thru our virtual channel and is able to continue operations and fully handle client requirements as may be allowed by government operational limitations.
We are open to conduct appointments and consultations on-line for your convenience and safety.
You may contact us through this website or through the following channels to set your appointment or to ask your queries:
Voice/Video Meeting upon appointment
Our team is ready and able to discuss your requirements via video or voice call or thru email. To help you keep informed with relevant news that may impact your business operations, as well as your legal rights and obligations please visit our News section for updates.
It is our pleasure to serve you.